Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Nine Factors that arouse anger


The Nine Factors that arouse anger accordng to Aaghàta vatthu sutta in Anguttara Nikaya

* These nine factors arouse ill will. What nine?

One is bound by anger thinking:
1. `disadvantage was done to me.',
2. `disadvantage is done to me,'
3. `disadvantage will be done to me.'

One is bound by anger thinking:
4. `disadvantage was done to my near and dear ones,.'
5. `disadvantage is done to my near and dear ones,'
6. `disadvantage will be done to my near and dear ones.

'One is bound by anger thinking:
7.`advantage was done to my enemies,.'
8.`advantage is done to my enemies,'
9.`advantage will be done to my enemies.'

These nine factors arouse ill will, anger or hatred & therefore called " Nawa Aaghata vattu".

May all beings be well and happy & attain the fruits of Nibbana.

Suranda Weediyage
BA, Tripitakachariya, Dip in Pali/ Buddhism (Pali & Buddhist University of Sri Lanka), HNDBF,
surandalk@gmail.com
http://www.thebuddhadhamma.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment